Monday, August 8, 2011

What Jennifer Garner Carries

When I sold my baskets at the Los Angeles Pacific Palisades market, each Sunday was a parade of major and minor celebrities from television and film.   Early one morning, as I was fluffing up the baskets, I turned around and there was Jennifer Garner, one of the market regulars, browsing the baskets.  She quickly decided on a Moroccan style I call Bandol.  Chic, slightly boho, long soft lambskin handles to go over the shoulder.  “Oh, Violet, we’re getting one of these baskets right now!” 

It’s an unwritten rule among the vendors, we don’t give them merch, we don’t ask for photos; they want to be there and shop for their produce and flowers and baskets like normal people.  Jennifer usually has a flock of paparazzi chasing her, which I always thought was pathetic, and which makes her shop in a rather executive fashion.  In any case, I was not about to ask her for a photo of her and her purchase, I always figured the paparazzi would take care of that for me. 

Et voilà, in last week’s People Magazine, I find Jen & Ben & their cute daughters, Violet & Seraphina, at the Brentwood market with my Bandol basket~

ben-affleck-435

I like to see film stars looking like everyday people….and I love seeing the basket, let’s get a closer look~

ben-affleck-435

That’s my beauty; should I rechristen in “the Jennifer”?  This perennial favorite is out of stock at the moment but will be in again this fall.  Come to think of it, I think I told people “Jennifer Garner bought that basket” and it sold like hotcakes.  I have sold to many other and equally well-known celebrities in LA; I will keep my eyes open for more pics. 

16 comments:

  1. Oh yes, absolutely you should call it the Jennifer! I adore her. How fun your basket was in People magazine - too bad they didn't mention her fabulous bag, and it is quite fabulous :)

    jeanette from Everton Terrace

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! I saw this photo in a magazine this past week and I noticed the basket right away. I thought, how french! Love it. And how exciting for you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, what magazine was it? a friend saw it at the dr.s office; it is floating around in the paparazzi pool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, that is just so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No doubt; it is a fine basket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so fun!!;) I am so happy for you Andrea~I can't wait to go out and about with my basket from you~ hugs, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. All my life I have been a movie star hound. I
    am 75 and still into my stars, that is the ones still living. I will never grow up. Loved this post.
    Hollywood!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that basket!!!! Congrats on getting it in a photo with Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer has exquisite taste... that's my favorite basket, too! I carry it all the time and either use it as my purse or as a shopping bag or even for all my gear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Andrea how exciting!! Guess what basket I want to order as soon as it is back in stock!!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you selling baskets? I couldn't find a link . . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful French market basket and you tell the story so beautifully :)
    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS....Still loving my little one from your GiveAway win!
    I was so excited to get it...In fact I let my little 4 year old neice shop with it when she visits she looks so cute when she totes it on her arm like a big girl!
    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are your baskets still for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, Sharon, and this style will be in early 2012....lined and unlined....please email me to get notified when the new merchandise arrives....happy Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where can I buy one of these amazing handbags? I need something cool and french to carry my design materials inside of!

    ReplyDelete