Saturday, November 26, 2011

Ready or Not!

One month until Christmas.  Can it be?  This year, I am on it.  No, I am actually ahead!

IMG_9352

The Thanksgiving weekend was a wonderful warmup; thank you L for bringing the wine for dinner, and this sweet velveteen heart which I shall keep and put on the tree this year~

IMG_9474

I made a trip to Los Angeles today, and decided to surprise Mom on the way home by bringing home the tree.  I get my Noble Fir from Home Depot~

IMG_9486

I have told you before how much I love my Prius; it fits a tall tree with ease~

 

IMG_9487

My Tree Guys are students at Orange Coast College in Architecture and Computer Science; I said, “you are going to be on the blog, look proud!”  God Bless the U.S. of A. and the work ethic of our college kids~

 

IMG_9488

Arriving home, I found that Mom had bought some cedar garland and a few pointsettia; we were both in the Christmas spirit!  I was happy too that Adan my gardener was still at the house, and helped me get this enormous tree in the house; tonight I got the lights done, and added the Nuremberg Angel to the top; this alone makes me very happy to see~

IMG_9489

I am going to spend Christmas in Laguna and then a week in Beaune.  New Year’s in Beaune is something we have never done but we will do this year; I can’t wait to do the house up for Reveillon~ the décor, the food, the guests…the decor….will be fantastic.  And so, perhaps, because I am missing that week between Christmas and New Year, I will savor each day in the month of December while I am in Laguna…..

8 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea~ We got our tree at Home Depot today too! ;) Yours looks stunning!
    I so wish I could go with you to Beaune..it would be magical to be in France for New Years!! xoxo Rachel

    French Farmhouse 425
    www.shabbyfrenchforme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, Your tree is beautiful and Beaune for New Years sounds fabulous!
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa won't be able to miss this beautiful tree. I hope you receive the items on your Christmas list…..Such a precious time for family.....and for goodwill. I haven't even thought about bringing out our Christmas decorations! Bonne semaine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very well organized ..good on you!
    I’ve just stumbled upon your lovely blog and have signed up as a follower. I look forward to popping by again for some more gorgeous inspiration!
    I’ve just put the finishing touches on my new blog ‘Country Style Chic’. It’s a daily blog on country living including chic interiors, stylish fashion, food, flowers and fun things to do.
    http://countrystylechic.blogspot.com
    I had a lot of fun putting it together maybe you would like to check it out if you have a spare minute!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tree...I will have to stop at Home Depot. Do you have any tricks for keeping it fresh until Christmas? I was going to go out this weekend but thought it might be too early for a live tree.

    Happy travels!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea you are ahead of the game. I am excited to have some fresh garland in the house. The scent is always so nice!

    Thank you for the lovely comments about Isabella's decorating!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, you spent your weekend like me!
    The trees are up, the house smells like a forest and I am one happy girl!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    I'm thankful for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree is stunning even without all of it's adornments!!
    Gotta love Home Depot and Prius's too :)
    You impress me Andrea!!
    I sure hope you Mom likes her Christmas gift!
    XO

    ReplyDelete