Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Band in a Box

It’s the New Year.  Time for a little music, non

R and I went to a Marche de Noel in Meursault, just south of Beaune.  You didn’t need a map to find it, you just needed to follow the music, for just outside the halle where the marche was held, there was a band in a box, an orchestrophone, including two accordions, drums, a xylophone, trumpets and a saxophone.  One of my videos showed the crowd of us all standing around watching, absolutely rapt; must look to see if I still have that video, but the whole thing was really fun~

Sorry, I uploaded these to youtube then deleted the originals; and I should have rotated them first, but you can listen…the light shines on each instrument as it plays.  I especially like the drum, which looks like it’s being played by a pair of drum sticks on mouse traps; do you think this is clever?

A little fun for the new year….thank goodness the French have until the end of the first week of January to offer best wishes for 2013, so it’s not too late~ Bonne Annee!~


  1. Hi there all, here every person is sharing such know-how, so it's nice to read this web site, and I used to pay a visit this weblog all the time.
    My webpage - skin cells

  2. A beautiful experience!!
    Andrea, Isabella is so excited about her baskets & I am so looking forward to receive the sweet spreads.

    My Mother's birthday is Sunday, her attitude is very positive, she fighting valiantly!

    Art by Karena

  3. Not sure exactly what happened but I commented on New Year's eve post and it disappeared! Anyway,
    your Mother is in our stressful for her (and you). Thank you for a year of posts that make me happy for the eight months I am not in Beaune. And let's try to be in Beaune at the same time in 2013! a la prochaine, Patty ps Keep in Touch.

  4. You really are in the right place for the holidays. Gosh.,,, wish I was in France.
    Enjoy hope you keep in touch sweet one.


  5. I just wanted to let you know that I love your posts, and am going through withdrawals! Can't wait to hear more about your travels and your plans for this year!

  6. Bonjour Andrea,
    I am inquiring about the labels that your source in France makes up for the wine bottles. Do you sell them here in So. Cal.? Or can they be ordered? I really enjoyed your trip this December and all of your musings thereabout!
    Thank you very much!