Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Signage


I am going to have a few updated signs at my market booths. One of them will be regarding the MEA, and will read something like this:
"If a California city wants to ban single use plastic bags, it must complete an environmental impact report, or face legal action by the plastic bag industry. In 2009, the State of California began a Master Environmental Assessment (MEA) which could be adapted by all municipalities in the state to ban plastic bags. The State pulled its funding due to the budget crisis, but the project is now being completed with private funding from the following groups and was coordinated by Green Cities California:

City of Los Angeles
City of Manhattan Beach
City of Palo Alto
City of Richmond
City of San Francisco
City of Santa Monica
French Basketeer
Green Sangha
Earth Resource Foundation
11th Hour Project
Surfrider Foundation
Seventh Generation Advisors

The MEA is expected to be completed in March 2010, with bag bans to follow.
Please begin to find alternatives to plastic carrier bags….! "
I hope this is a more effective way for me to get the message out. Though I have a tabletop sign, I still have a lot of people ask me if I am selling washcloths or lingerie bags!!
The photos are from the central fountain in Arles. The head is spitting water, though you might not notice that at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment