Friday, November 5, 2010

Visual Vamp Online Auction

My friend and Metis partner Laura Ingalls Gunn of Decor to Adore has a good friend in need, a fellow blogger whom I visit online from time to time. Valorie Hart is known & loved online as Visual Vamp. Her husband and tango partner Alberto was stricken at the Calgary airport last week. Can you imagine having a serious medical emergency far from home? I can't even imagine what they have been through. We are having a fundraiser for them to help raise funds for medical transport home to New Orleans. Apparently all he wants to do is "be home." Of course.I am offering for auction a child-size Moroccan basket made of palm; the handles are lambskin and the basket is filled with French goodies~
A pair of vintage linen and cotton (metis) dish towels monogrammed NB; one wrapped with a vintage French rosary; the beads look just like mother of pearl~
three bars of French farmers market savon de Marseille soaps: Chocolat, Pastis and Cafe (who but the French would scent soaps in these fragrances!?)~
sorry for this last pic; the second dish towel, with Metis silk tie wrist-wrap with vintage religious medal and a baroque pearl~
Value for this little basket of goodies is $150+. Bids are being taken by comments below, and the auction ends Sunday night November 7th. All monies will be sent to Valorie at

My heart goes out to Valorie and Alberto, and I hope that some way some how they will be able to get home to New Orleans for care by their own physicians. I'm starting bidding here at $10.

This could be a great Christmas gift for someone!

Please email with any questions!


  1. Andrea I am so sad for Valorie and Alberto! I will be bidding rather than offering an item
    help! So I will begin the bidding at $30.

    Come and enter my new Giveaway....I know you will love it!!

    Art by Karenato

  2. I will gladly up the bid to $35.00. This is such a great idea and Valorie and Alberto are in my prayers.

  3. I will bid $50!
    I just love Valorie....

  4. Okay I am at $40!

    Art by Karena

  5. Andrea,

    I don't know Valorie or Alberto but I believe in love and paying it forward.

    Your basket (as usual) is stunning and I bid $75.


  6. Gorgeous Basket and fabulous cause - I have been following Valorie's blog for several months and am so sorry to hear about Alberto's illness. I bid $100.00.
    jodikrueger at gmail dot com