Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hats On! Hats Off!

We had the pleasure of a visit from Laura Ingalls Gunn at Corona del Mar market this morning, aka Decor to Adore Blog, with her very good friend Tracy. If you haven't visited Laura's blog, please go to it HERE and check out (and vote for!) her Oprah "Your Own Show" entry. Laura is always brimming with creative and positive thoughts; beyond a blog, I think she should do a regular Podcast; but a show on the new Oprah network would be right up her alley. I also can't wait to see what she finds at the Rose Bowl tomorrow!

Laura is even more compelling in person than she is online, and I hope that says a lot; there is something really really really special about this woman...I demeured a photo op today, but instead got a shot of Laura chaneling Coco in one of my new navy blue raffia hats with the two pups; isn't Laura gorgeous?! Hats off to Laura!! She went home with some goodies from French Basketeer that will no doubt be wonderfully gifted in her very personal style...Laura is very photogenic, as is Biscuit, who poses like a wonderful rag-puppy for me every time....
I made a great hat connection recently and ordered a few sample pieces; the hats and my baskets are made in Madagascar of the same raffia fibers; with a few stripes thrown in. The hat groove started with my friend Djive about 6 months ago. The samples all sold today, including a sapphire blue to Laura. Here is the dear Liza, with Charlie Chan the pug, and a new shopper client whose name I did not get, both in identical XL glamour stripe hats worn with the brim up and down; this is the hat to end all hats; it crushes down for your suitcase.. $49....Liza is headed to Vegas with hers tomorrow; same hat, two colors, worn in different styles:
I got my new Moo cards this week, and set them out today; they are really adorable, consistent with the Chic Shopper and the wonderful FifiFlowers sketch....we will launch the French Basketeer Poster Pet Contest this week so stay tuned in the next few days!

I arrived home and was glad Laura did not come with me as I found a new colony of bees under the eaves. The bees were not deterred by water or spray, and they gave me two stings to remind me that bees are necessary but no long friendly. Crap, the stings hurt a while later. BeeBusters coming Monday.

3 comments:

  1. It was a true highlight of our day that we were able to meet my sweet friend in person. You and your family are truly enchanting.
    I wore my hat into Monarch Beach and received several positive comments.
    You will also be getting a call from Paris to the Moon shortly. I can't wait to show you the photos.
    I adore how the hat can fold up for travel. It is my new favorite chapeau and I will be ordering it in several shades.
    Be blessed my dear Basketeer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea! I met you at the Farmer's Market at Rancho Santa Fe today and purchased the XL light raffia striped hat. I took my kids to the neighborhood pool after the market and literally within 10 minutes I managed to get at least 4 compliments, with each person asking me where I got the hat! Of course I told her... My girlfriend was about to jump in her car and find you but alas, the market had closed! She will probably call you tomorrow. Thanks for the fab hat!
    Cheers,
    Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea! I met you at the Farmer's Market at Rancho Santa Fe today and purchased the XL light raffia striped hat. I took my kids to the neighborhood pool after the market and literally within 10 minutes I managed to get at least 4 compliments, with each person asking me where I got the hat! Of course I told her... My girlfriend was about to jump in her car and find you but alas, the market had closed! She will probably call you tomorrow. Thanks for the fab hat!
    Cheers,
    Clarissa

    ReplyDelete