Friday, December 31, 2010

Bonne Nouvelle Annee

I am sending you a virtual one of these, as I do dishes and clean up after the Hoovers (as R calls my sibs' families) rolled through tonight~

The day started early as I surprised my Mom on her 75th Birthday with a breakfast with her best girlfriends; these are all sterling girls~
I set the table in pink lustreware in the wee hours; while I adore the French, I love English 19C porcelain and these were perfect today~
tonight we started with Gruyere cheese puffs~
I split the dough and made sweet puffs; filled with chocolate creme; the girls helped me finish these and they were all soon gone....
There was salmon en croute, fried oysters, New England Clam Chowder and many other goodies; a big spread; in the mean-time Grampy gifted wool shirts from his summers in Alaska in 1955 and carefully preserved in mothballs to his grandson Corino who is at university in Idaho; gratefully accepted and fit perfectly~
There were molten lava cakes~

And happy eaters, my goal is achieved!

Resolutions are for tomorrow. Tonight, we are having more of this and enjoying the company!

I am falling into bed soon after the dinner;wishing you a lovely New Year!!!

13 comments:

  1. ~*~*Such a lovely evening!;) Happy New Year to you too!~*~** hugs, Rachel~*~*

    French Farmhouse 425

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Andrea and what a lovely way to celebrate, giving your Mom such a lovely PINK party. Please tell her HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    MUCH LOVE XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, pure delight! What a special gift to share with your mother. Your talents go above and beyond.

    One day I hope to seated at your lovely table :)

    May you be blessed with much love and laugher this year dear friend ~
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you a very wonderful new year.

    Too bad we all can't get together sometime and cook!

    Today I am making Quinoa Stuffing, Thyme Lemon Roasted Chicken, Roasted Broccoli.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a BEAUTIFUL party and what a BEAUTIFUL MOM!!! Your food looks and sounds Amazing! What a dear way to start your New Year with pure beauty and love with your family and friends~
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Andrea!! xxoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, I'm so glad to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes indeed, nothing like a bottle of bubbly Gloria Ferrer's Blanc de Noir to bring the New Year in. Happy New Year, and may it be Healthy and Prosperous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must be lying, there is not a woman in that picture that even looks close to 75!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pink lusterware, molten lava cakes and vintage woolen shirts. What a wonderful way to begin the year.

    Tonight E and I will be watching your favorite~ Casablanca.

    New Metis header up. Opinions?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea I would love your recipe for the Molten Lava Cakes...delish!! What a great family time together!!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it all, from the china to the wool shirts (what a score for his lucky grandson)! Letting you know I decided to give the 13 on her birthday, Feb. 13th instead. Was afraid it would get lost in the mountain that is Christmas and it seems more fitting since it matches her birthday but HOW sweet of you to remember, really I'm touched.
    Also, I'll have whatever those beautiful and young looking women are having!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything sounds fabulous. I'm very sure a fun time was had by all. Happy New Year to you as well.

    ReplyDelete