Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Roving Lobsters

After a lashing of rain during the night, we woke this morning to relative calm, closed roads and lobsters in the street. I admit, this is a new one for me~ Downtown Laguna is closed for flooding and mud & debris, and we got a wakeup call from the police department to tell us to keep out of the area. I resorted to the live cam on Hotel Laguna to watch the progress early today. By now the mud is mostly cleaned up, while the red lifeguard flag and eroded beach remain. I hope someone assisted the lobsters safely back to the sea where they belong.

The flooding presents a small problem for me as my office is on Broadway, right in the middle of the flooded area. Today's shipments will be sent from the UPS store instead, and I will continue to make my rounds to deliver the last gift baskets, which I had thankfully stored in the Prius~
Lobster pic courtesy LATimes, Santa pic from my Blackberry as I left the camera at home today. Stay warm & dry everyone, wherever you are in the country!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, can't get over that poor lobster. My girlfriend from Aliso Viejo luckily got to Phoenix a few days ago but her husband was supposed to drive here today, hoping he can get out of town. I've been hoping for more rain here as we can always use it but my daughter, visiting from Seattle, is very happy we're dry right now. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so close but so far away! Lobsters would never be seen on our street...too funny!
    We have about 4 inches of snow already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really quite cute in spite of the torrential rains!

    Joyeaux Noel!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Lobster! Love that picture and the santa's in the bag:) I was in Laguna all day. I manage property and had so many units flooded! All is calm tonight. I am praying for a silent night tonight~~
    xxx's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be safe and I'm sorry for all the rain y'all have been having!

    Joyeaux Noel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lobster is darling. I once found a crab far from the beach, and got my father to take him back to the sea; as I was only young when this happened. I hope he is safe and sound beneath the waves now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a holiday trooper Andrea. The news of what California is going through is horrible. I"m praying for all those who have lost so much. Not to forget that lobster getting back to the ocean!

    Stay safe, be well and I am sending all my best to you & yours for a Merry Christmas. I'm praying that 2011 will be our year!

    xo Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness~ where's the butter? I am so sorry your pretty city is mud soaked. We also have been pounded by rain. I am staying dry and cozy at home today, sans church.

    ReplyDelete