Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cooking supplies in Paris


Every trip to Paris for me includes a stop at Dehillerin. I have read a lot of reviews that say they are snobby and what not. Rubbish! There is a wonderful continuity here, and you can find anything and know it is authentic. It's not a finished store so expect a little dust. I made two trips here on this visit, one with the boys and one with R. On the second visit I dared to snap the photo of Julia above the checkout. Is there any better endorsement?? It was tough to read the handwritten inscription, "to my friends at Dehillerin"? in any case this is an authentic stop; I stock up while I am there. My "big" purchase this trip was a Staub cocotte, which will stay in Beaune, and was a fraction of the cost in the U.S. But after Julie and Julia boeuf bourgignon was on my list....
The basket shot is from my favorite bake supply in Paris; Mora. We got lots of cool little items there too!




1 comment:

  1. Ahh, the promise of things to come!Great tips - as usual. Bon weekend.
    Bisous (R then L)

    ReplyDelete