Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Our Big Break

I went to the Encinitas market as usual this afternoon, leaving at 3pm.  At 5:30 I got a call from Mom’s cell phone, except it was not Mom, it was a neighbor I don’t know…Your Mother has fallen and we are here with her and she wanted us to call you…..words I hate to hear….

She was out walking the dogs, and “happy” according to her own account, yet getting into the Passion Fruit vodka.  Another neighbor who knows me and her and the dogs was also there….God bless Clay….she and the dogs were safe~

Honey-1

I drove home from the market at 90 mph and found Mom in the ER with neck brace, wanting desperately to go home.  Bad girl, she knows….She has a completely fractured humerus.  She and I looked at the x-rays and knew the result.  This means a hanging cast, according to Dad, and no driving or typing; so now that falls to me.  I can’t begin to tell you…well, at least she did not break a hip.  And she still looks forward to the party.  A big setback; tomorrow to the orthopedist etc.   wish us luck….the party will go on….an update later…. 

10 comments:

  1. Oh no Andrea, please give your mother my love! I am so sorry and hope she will heal and rehab as quickly as possible. Call whenever you need to talk.

    God Bless you and your family.

    Love and Hugs,
    Karena

    Art by Karena
    2012 Artist Series featuring Harrison Howard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my *&%^%$#@@! There should be more characters for the naughty character.

    The children wanted to leave today when they heard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your mom's accident-when it rains it pours, doesn't it? I'm as excited for your party as if I were going to be there-hope you can take some pics; I know it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG NO! Let me know if there is anything at all I can do to help either of you...See you Saturday:)
    xxx's

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your mom will be back on her feet soon! sending you all my best! :)

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Andrea I'm sorry to hear she broke her humerus.. (not exactly humerous is it?:)... wishing her a speedy recovery, and you will get through this!

    Have a great party and let us hear about it!

    xo

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for her a quick recovery, Andrea... like you said, a fractured hip could have been so much worse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry indeed that your mother had a fall. I hope it is not serious and that she recoers quickly. It sounds like you could have had a bad acciden,t too, though; hurting yourself or someone else. Please drive safely as a few more seconds earlier arrival would not really help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to read about your mother, yet pleased to see you are keeping your sense of humor (the passion fruit vodka).

    Good luck with the party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Things don't always go according to our plans, do they. I hope your mom will heal quickly and that you'll have added strength for the added work load. You and your folks are fortunate to have each other.

    ReplyDelete