Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Passing the Test


On Saturday morning I went to Starbucks to pick up some beans for my Mom. I don't go to Starbucks very often, usually it's to get something for my sister or beans for Mom; frankly I like Peet's coffee better because it doesn't taste so "burned".
Anyway, I walked in and was invited to do a blind taste test of their new instant coffee "Via" vs. brewed. Of course, I was able to tell the difference...the instant isn't bad but it's definitely thinner than brewed. When I asked how many people got it right that morning so far, the barrista told me 1 in 5 could correctly identify the instant. Really?! Anyway, this has nothing to do with baskets or France, I know, but I was happy to be in that 20% group, I guess! The best little coffee discovery I've made lately is Francoise & Bob's coffee maker in Paris; it makes a single cup of coffee or single or double espresso from whole beans, and also has a nifty little steamer attachment that runs for exactly one minute. Francoise is back this week; I'll have to get the info from her. So there, a French tie-in....

No comments:

Post a Comment