Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Derniere Minute

Final basket orders ship tomorrow; I pick up the frame sticks and 100 other little to do's and then I am off to Paris, can't wait; Raquel, shall I bring you one of these, souvenir de la France? haha~

I arrive at Roissy early Saturday, if we are on time. I will either go into central Paris or go the Clignancourt fleas depending on my time; I will go back to see this dealer (from 2007, I hope he is still there); he had many many other fab things; I never take pics at the flea, but I took these in case I wanted one in the petit salon~
Saturday night I will stay in La Moselle (Lorraine), at the ancestral village of my father's family. Sunday morning I will be in nearby Metz for a 40th annual antique/jumble sale. I love to bottom-fish for antiques and so I will go; who knows what I will find...?...Sunday evening to Beaune. Monday morning to the weekly marche at Louhan, one of the best in France; I hope to get better pics of the live fowl for sale, here the famous French Houdan chicken~
I will get lots of pics for my Homestead Friends, esp Amy & Sarah....Charolais cattle are also from Burgundy~
Versus the monumental architecture of Paris, here the back side of Les Invalides....
...in Beaune we have a gentler view; I am so looking forward to seeing this out the window~
We will go antiquing also around Beaune (on the hunt for a coffee table) and visit some surrounding areas. I can't wait to show you more of the Burgundy region of France....

5 comments:

  1. Oh the envy is pouring out of me right now ~ I can't wait to travel with you vicariously through your photos.

    Kevin is away on travel so it's just me and the pups. It continues to be a tad crazy around here ~ teacher by day and nursemaid by night.

    You're in my thoughts. I promise to connect with you very soon.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is but one thing to say:

    Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be looking forward to your pictures! I wish I was going too, it sounds like a lot of fun!
    I always wonder if the chandelier I fell for at the Clignancourt flea is still there. It was right down the lane from a little bar/restaurant where they had a lady singing as the entertainment. It was a weird little place.
    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks divine! I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for importing a taste of France! hope you are having a great weekend! verbena cottage

    ReplyDelete